Imagerie Électro-photonique - Formation à la santé globale - Conférences, Stages & Séjours
Nutrition du sportif ( en Anglais )
Optimization of the physiological capacities of
sportsmen by the adoption of bio-nutritional preparation
Survey carried during an Himalayan
Our survey is based on a true sporting challenge : nearly 300 km walking during 18 days for a group of 18 people in the area of Everest (Himalaya – Nepal). This trek includes the climbing of several peaks of about 6000 m and more for 5 consecutive days.
The subjects : more or less trained trekkers
The 18 persons who took part in this survey are good walkers but only 7 of them already had one or several Himalayan experiences. Eleven never experienced high altitude and this expedition was really a first ! Objectives : study the acclimatization at high
altitude and emphasize the interest of a bionutritional
and herbal-nutritional preparation for
the sportsman (woman)
Taking into account the efforts required for such an expedition and the difficulties frequently encountered in this situation, our aim was to demonstrate the benefit of a personalized and followed-up bionutritional preparation for the sportsman in a context of extreme adaptation.
The carried-out means
1. TEST OF EFFORT AND CARDIAC FUNCTION ECG These classic techniques have the objective of indicating an eventual underlying problem or a temporary inability to support exposure to high altitude. 2. IOMET ANALYSIS The Iomet program shows, through a targeted questionnaire, the bionutritional profile which, thanks to specific nutritional advice and intake of nutritional products, balances the deficiencies and excesses, to optimize the individual background profile. 3. GDV ENERGY BALANCE This GDV measurement technique (Gas Discharge Visualization) was carried out by a group of Russian scientists of St Petersbourg university, managed by The Professor Konstantin Korotkov after 25 years of in depth investigations on the measurement of body electromagnetic fields. Continuing work of Kirlian, the process today enables us, with a reduced size device and in just two minutes, to measure the human energy field emitted by each of the ten fingers and to establish then, thanks to an appropriate software taking into account all the corresponding energy levels, a detailed checkup of the functional state of the whole body. If we use a specific filter which absorbs all frequencies linked with mental and physical activity, we can compare the overall functional state to the one linked with the vegetative life. When we are aware of the influence of emotional factors on energy fields, this distinction which is exclusive to this method, is particularly interesting. GDV is officially approved as a medical process by the Russian Ministry of Health. Presently, thanks to the collaboration of biophysicists, physiologists and doctors, university researchers of worldwide, these researches provide a scientific base to the concept of informational energy within living beeings. International congresses yearly take place in Europe and in St Petersburg bringing together worldwide doctors and researchers using this system . An increasing number of medical offices and university hospitals are equipped with such GDV material. This process is now used in 42 countries.
A strict preparation
Test of effort and ECG have widely been recommended to everybody. All those who gave us their results were within the norms. For each of them, considering their usual physical activities, an individual training program was proposed during the 5 months previous to the expedition. All participants carried out a Iomet analysis and have followed, one to two months before the departure, an appropriated course of treatment to optimize their bionutritional background profile. At the same time, adopting healthy dietary recommendations.
The first GDV measurements were carried out from the beginning of August in the High Pyrenees Mountains, at an altitude of 2600 m, during a training week-end. They provided an initial check-up reference to follow and measure the regular evolution of each of them. From the demonstrative and educational point of view GDV permitted everybody to evaluate himself on the energy scale and to know which parts had to be preferentially improved.
Limit the incidence of the factors of predisposition
On a group of 18 persons, typology and ease of adaptability are different. Considering that during performance efforts, the body mainly draws from carbohydrates and lipids used in their active form (glucose and fatty acids), stamina should be more important for those who are slightly « fat ». At the beginning of physical effort, glucose will be used then the lipids located in fatty cells. After more effort, the muscular supply of proteins will be progressively used in order to make possible neoglucogeneration. Obviously, the more the person is trained for this type of effort and the more he/she will regularly have the opportunity to immerse him/herself in high altitude before the departure, the better he/she will be prepared for an optimum use of energetic resources. To avoid the incidence of predisposing factors, we have proposed and managed regular physical trainings according to individual needs and possibilities, combined with an adequate diet resulting from the Iomet recommendations and eventual recommendation to put on weight if necessary (combination of proteins with carbohydrates which definitely favours intake of proteins by insulin production).
Optimize the individual profile before departure
This is the main concept of Iomet which determines an individual background profile and enables to know each one's needs to optimize predisposing profile. It was interesting during our project to see which were the specific handicaps and risks, during the expedition, in order to take preventive and corrective actions.
Diet during the trip and expedition
On site, we adopted the local gastronomy which was really good and caused some excesses in such a context compared to an ideal diet in such circumstances. The bio-nutritional complementation proposed by Iomet was followed during all the trekking and was enriched, with the following objectives :
1. LIMIT THE DEFICIENCIES IN PROTEINS GENERALLY NOTED
DURING EXPEDITIONS TO HIGH ALTITUDE
One of the major risks frequently observed is muscular loss which results from two successive processes : – the neoglucogeneration which spontaneously occurs and draws from the muscular mass precious reserves to compensate for increased needs at altitude. – a deficiency in essential amino acids involved by an insufficient intake of quality proteins due to problems of supply and of distance. Thus preventing a synthesis sufficient to compensate the deficiencies. This progressive loss of weight is combined with tiredness, cramps and problems of recovery from effort. To avoid this risk, we have supplemented our breakfast with protein preparations such as Ergynutril.
2. UNDERSTAND THE NUTRITIONAL REQUIREMENTS SPECIFIC
TO PERFORMANCE EFFORTS
At high altitude, aerobic reactions are less and less efficient by progressive decrease of the partial oxygen pressure. We often notice lack of appetite and attention. Enjoying one's meals and maintaining initial weight are excellent signs of acclimatization. The needs are the following : – carbohydrates should be more than half of the calorie intake. They include 90 % of slow digestion carbohydrates : whole rice or half whole (full of B15 vitamin, pangamic acid) => which is an excellent cellular oxygenator, pasta, cereals, etc. and 10 % simple sugars (dried fruit, jam, honey) avoiding refined sugars.
Le logiciel d'exploitation des mesures GDV permet de Visualiser différentes représentations et diagrammes : Ci contre, en haut :
– le signal énergétique mesuré au niveau des dix doigts
– l'extrapolation du champ énergétique sur l'ensemble de l'organisme .
– les diagrammes montrant le niveau fonctionnel (hypo,normo ou hyper) des différents organes ou systèmes. Il existe d'autres modèles synthétiques, dont un tableau récapitulatif de toutes les fonctions physiologiques et leur situation énergétique.
Subject n°3. Before departure (left) and before the nutritional treatment, a disturbed energy field combined with the Iomet profile. During expedition (right) : the graph shows an important level of energy by maximum adaptation of the body systems (in spite of an high altitude : 4800 meters).
– Proteins are the main nutriments and represent 90 % of the muscle. They can be animal proteins (fish, meat, eggs or Yack cheese, etc.) or vegetable (peas, lentils, beans, soja) and should be 15 % of the ration. – Lipids meet the remaining ration (35 %) as follows : 2/3 unsatured fatty acids and 1/3 saturated fatty acids. Too many saturated fatty acids quickly decrease the resistance to effort. A good control of the energy requirements avoids what we could define « explosion of carbohydrates ». For this, we combine with carbohydrates a ration of proteins in order to postpone the combustion of carbohydrates. The flatter curve indicating blood sugar level thus obtained avoids the significant increase of blood sugar level followed by a peak of insulin level which is undesirable, involving in most of the cases an energy « debt » which is difficult to recover during effort.
3. OPTIMIZE THE HYPER-PERFORMANCE WHILE PREPARING
THE RECUPERATION BY A COMPLEMENTATION DURING
To suplement the food which was proposed to us on the trek and the products resulting from the Iomet, we took the following complements : – ERGYNUTRIL : 1 high protein preparation was systematically included in the daily breakfast combined with usual carbohydrates (porridge, thick pancakes, bread, rice…) and a protein bar when necessary was taken as well during effort (to twice a day) to avoid the traditional bars sometimes full of excessive simple sugar. – ERGYMAG to prevent acidosis phenomenon. – ERGYCALM was largely used by the whole group every evening at the camp. This enabled a better recuperation and facilitated better sleeping in spite of the uncomfortable nights in altitude. By this way, we avoided consumption of sleeping pills likely to aggravate the « altitude severe sickness » with all the risks we can know during sleeping. – Coca (homeopathic dilution) which was really helpfull for our acclimatization – Guarana (powder) from Guayapi laboratory gave us the possibility when it was necessary to benefit from a « long period » energy during these difficult days of climbing requiring the whole of our energetic functions.
GDV measurements performed during expedition
We carried out regular checks at various altitudes with all the required precautions in order to guarantee reliable measurements, in spite of sometimes extreme conditions. This permitted us to check participants' condition at different important times of the trek related to the clinical data collected at the same time.
Amazing results The most surprising fact was the quality of energy fields recorded as we climbed to high altitude (inverse proportional phenomenon to what we could imagine at the departure of our expedition !). The best form level was paradoxically recorded at the base camp level (5200 m), the night before the last climb in spite of very uncomfortable conditions and very low temperature (around –15°C outside the tents !)
Evidences of bioavailabity of the nutritional
1. PROTECTION OF THE MUSCULAR MASS We have here the best evidence of biological availability of the products taken. Effectively, various other expeditions walking on the same circuit have seen their trekkers loosing weight (sometimes up to 13 kg less !) despite an excellent overall form and independent of pathological phenomenon. On the contrary, in our case, some of the subjects who generally have problems to put on weight , were able to gain up to 3 Kg. 2. AN ESSENTIAL TAKE OFF OF THE ACIDS ERGYMAG, also largely used during the trip, enabled us to prevent cramps and muscular tiredness. Thus, the muscular efficiency was increased despite the oxygen deficiency due to altitude. 3. A PERFECT PHYSICAL AND NERVOUS RECOVERY ERGYCALM, was also regularly used to facilitate better nights and a good sleep all along the trip. We took 3 doses in a glass of water a small while before bedtime and this enabled us at all altitudes (except the first night at 5200 m !) to efficiently rest. This is an essential factor for such trek !
Measurements performed on Sherpas people
We performed GDV measurements on our accompanying Sherpas who are used to living in such conditions. The unsatistactory quality of the obtained pictures perplexed us when we know the extremely real performance capacities of these Himalayan natives !
Above : AMA DABLAN (6814 m) sacred mountain Below : some participants of the whole group on top of Island Peak (nearly 6200 m)
This expedition required the set up of reliable means to enable us to reach the scheduled aims. We tried to be closer to the optimum « bio-cellular » condition, considering both our trainings physically « measured » as well as the nutritional aspect. Taking into account all the parameters, made us possible to win this challenge and to come back in an exceptional physical & mental peak form. Three factors allowed us to check this effective adaptation : – the form which was excellent when coming back – the weight which was not lost and sometimes put on – the GDV measurements This study indicated to us that the well prepared and trained body has very little suffered in spite of important physical adaptation requirements. The difference noticed on the Sherpas who did not show so good an adaptation hightlights the interest of nutritional courses of treatment, that they of course could not benefit from and that we took before and during the expedition. We did not find any other reasons allowing us to explain a real energy deficiency of the one examined Sherpa, while this deficiency was not noted on any of our own supplemented participants.
Christian BORDES, Physiotherapist, Osteopath
Official diploma of mountaineering
Managed the expedition and performed the GDV measures
This survey will be presented at the Dublin's IEEE CBMS
2005 international symposium (the 18th international
symposium on Computer-Based Medical Systems)
Complete publication available :
– on web-site www.alti-sante.com
– on request to the author :
Christian Bordes, F-65250 HECHETTES
Contact for further information :
Tél. (33) 5 62 98 88 00
For information concerning Iomet and Active Cellular
Nous utilisons des cookies pour vous garantir la meilleure expérience sur notre site. Si vous continuez à utiliser ce dernier, nous considérerons que vous acceptez l'utilisation des cookies.Pour en savoir plus, cliquez ici.OK